Thursday, March 4, 2010

The magical world of sound....

I mentioned before that I now have hearing aids. What I didn't mention was how many times I run around the house doing the Bionic Man Nanaanaanaa thing because of it.

I'm easily amused.

I am now on month seven with the new ears and I have to say, how did I ever do it without them? I am amazed at how many things I wasn't really hearing, or not hearing well enough to be aware of. Little things like the sound of my cat purring.

For the most part I have gotten used to the sound of things again, like my own foot steps and the sound of my keyboard, and when I turn off the 'raids (that is what my friend Elizabeth calls them) everything seems so dull and far away. You don't realize how far you've gone until you get back again.

So, forgive me for sounding like the latest P.S.A., but hearing is important and getting your hearing checked on a regular basis is a really good idea.

No comments: